Campaigning for better access and integration
- Assisting Deaf service users request access and communication support from service providers and institutions
- Assisting Deaf service users in making complaints about lack of access and communication support from service providers and institutions
- Advising on members’ rights under the Equality Act 2010
- Providing Workshops on self-advocacy and complaints for members of the Deaf community
- Working with the Sign Language Interpreting Service to provide Deaf Awareness training for free or subsidised to non-profit service providers.
- Providing information and advice on a range of issues relevant to the community for example current system of application and assessment for Personal Independence Payments or Access to Work.
- Raising the profile of the Deaf community and Deaf culture by collecting, preserving and exhibiting the history of the organisation and of Deafness in the UK – for example working with local museums to agree inclusion of deaf history in their “social history” exhibitions.